Friday, June 28, 2013

Neverwinter, Day 13 -- Errands in the Graveyard


After helping Acolyte Neyman, I decided to fool around and see if there is any interesting news.

Tristopher Chettlebell said he has a "friend" asking him to help prove her birthright. Some rapscallions altered the dates of birth and death on gravestones to discredit her claim to noble descent. He seems to work for Miss Monini, and he describe my works as "changes." I believe that Tristopher is the historian mentioned in Hubert Windcastle's mail I received few days ago, but somehow I sense something fishy here. Anyway, I will leave it as is for now.

Retrigal Bookbinder wanted me to find a lost note that ratify Lord Neverember's inherited claim on the city. He lost it when the dead started to rise. I found the note on a zombie hulk and returned it to Retrigal. He asked me to do another favor to kill some more hulks so that when he is holed up in a tomb, those undead would not bother him. I also cleared a crypt for him, which is believed to be the tomb of Vars Never, the ancestor of Lord Protector. Although the tomb should be empty if Vars did settle in Waterdeep, Retrigal thinks there may be still something interesting in the crypt.

Oh, and I picked up a phylactery of a Lich named Zarifrax. Zarifrax did not seem interested fighting me. Instead, he asked me to find a nice, quiet spot for his phylactery not being disturbed for a long time. I tried 3 places and none of them satisfied Zarifrax. He gave up and asked me to turn him in to a doomguide to be destroyed. Interestingly, Volahk said they are not capable of destroying a powerful lich and would just imprison it in an impenetrable vault for centuries.

Volahk said he felt the lich was laughing. I guess I know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment